Awards policies – Major changes
We have reviewed our donations policy to ensure the funds we distribute can be used to greatest benefit by the charities we support. As part of this process, we have selected and notified certain charities we will now work with exclusively for the time being, and are not able to accept bids from other organisations.
The trustees are pleased to announce the following awards in the most recent (June 2017) round. There are more grants, and more funds involved, than usual, due to overlapping awards arrangements.
£3,000 each to:
£1,000 (except as ** indicated, £900) each to:
* Challengers – Farnham Pre-school
* Elizabeth Foundation – staff training for 8 at a 2-day conference and training event
* St Catherines, Isle of Wight – 5 tablets + charger
** Tall Ships Youth Trust – 3 x 6-night sea passages (** £900)
* Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford - Discover Drama programme
* Relate Brighton, Hove, Eastbourne, Worthing – counselling sessions for families with a learning or physically disabled child
The trustees are pleased to announce two new members of the Downlands board, Sarah Adams and Sarah Lyons. More information appears on the About page, Management section.